Links to the Vatican translations of the social encyclicals and major modern Church documents on social justice, all on one page. more »
Ezine and Recent Posts [more ezine]
- Key Texts for Social Justice
- Chesterton: A real vote or a lord's jest?
- Chesterton: Pacifism and the Right Kind of War
- Chesterton: On Fighting from Fear and Patriotic Criticism
- Current Backmatter for Penny Justice
- Distributism Defined
- Reprint Information
- Pius XII: Avoiding the Twin Rocks of Shipwreck
- Poor People Have No Business Starting a Business (Right?)
- Let's Print Our Own Money
- If Cars Ran on Grass (part 2)
- If Cars Ran on Grass (part 1)
- Building Catholic Communities: New Lecture Series
- Greening the Desert
Penny Justice is not currently active, but you can still browse the back issues. For a daily quote from the social documents, follow @socialteaching on Twitter, or use the RSS feed. You may also enjoy reading the Distributist Review.
Penny Justice is a free bimonthly ezine featuring thoughts, news, resources, and concrete ideas on how to live justice right now, one penny and one moment at a time.
Life is made of pennies. We think in terms of dollars: thousands of dollars, millions, billions, trillions. You might not even pick a penny off the ground. But the most gigantic corporation would wither and die without pennies. And for many a man, woman, and child, a few hundred pennies is the work of a day.
We don't control great fortunes, but we do control our pennies. We don't control our years, but we do control this moment. Billionare or beggar, we live one instant at a time.